Copyright is a form of protection so creators and subsequent owners of original works can control how the works are used. Copyright infringement occurs when a copyrighted work is reproduced, distributed, performed, publicly displayed, or made into a derivative work without the permission of the copyright owner. Violating the copyright owner’s rights can lead to suspension of that Content in your account on UploadIT Drive Cloud Storage, a strike and account suspension. These acts can be criminal. Additionally, copyright owners can take civil action against you and possibly be awarded monetary damages..
UploadIT Drive Cloud Storage complies with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) and promptly suspends Content from access when properly notified.
To file a copyright infringement notification with UploadIT Drive Cloud Storage, you will need to send a written notification that includes substantially the information required by and stated in Section 512(c)(3) of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
If you see a file is make copyright infringement you can report it at:
1. Identify yourself as either: a) The owner of a copyrighted work(s), or b) A person "authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed." Include a physical or electronic signature.
2. Identify the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed.
3. Identify the Content that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of the infringing activity and that is to be suspended or access to which is to be disabled, as well as information reasonably sufficient to permit UploadIT Drive Cloud Storage to locate the Content. Providing URLs are required to help us locate the Content.
4.Provide contact information that is reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and a valid email address.
5. State that you have a good faith belief that use of the Content in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agents, or the law.
6. State that the information in the notification is accurate and under penalty of perjury the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Upon receipt of valid notification, as required by law, we will suspend access to Content from our website. If a counterclaim is not filed, or is unsuccessful, access to the Content is permanently suspended from our Service.
Users who have the same Content in their account will receive a warning that the file has been reported for copyright infringement and distribution will be restricted. You, the reporting party, may be contacted asking you to notify UploadIT Drive Cloud Storage to release the Content for distribution. If you feel the request is valid, email firstname.lastname@example.org
and provide links to those particular files.
In accordance with our Terms of Service
, non-public information about UploadIT Drive Cloud Storage account holders is not released except as lawfully required by appropriate legal process such as a subpoena, court order, or other valid legal process.